Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Page 716 (18.976-1014) "the earrings I dont... that little Italian"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



the earrings
I dont like a man you have to climb up to to get at
I suppose theyre all dead and rotten long ago
besides I dont like being alone in this big barracks of a place at night
I suppose Ill have to put up with it
I never brought a bit of salt in even when we moved in
the confusion




musical academy he was going to make on the first floor drawingroom
with a brassplate
or Blooms private hotel he suggested
go and ruin himself altogether the way his father did down in Ennis
like all the things he told father he was going to do
and me
but I saw through him




telling me all the lovely places we could go for the honeymoon
Venice by moonlight with the gondolas
and the lake of Como he had a picture cut out of some paper of
and mandolines and lanterns
O how nice I said
whatever I liked he was going to do immediately if not sooner




will you be my man will you carry my can
he ought to get a leather medal with a putty rim
for all the plans he invents
then leaving us here all day
youd never know what old beggar at the door for a crust with his long story
might be a tramp and put his foot in the way to prevent me shutting it




like that picture of that hardened criminal he was called
in Lloyds Weekly News
20 years in jail then he comes out and murders an old woman for her money
imagine his poor wife or mother or whoever she is
such a face youd run miles away from
I couldnt rest easy till I bolted all the doors and windows to make sure
but its worse again being locked up like in a prison or a madhouse
they ought to be all shot or the cat of nine tails
a big brute like that that would attack a poor old woman
to murder her in her bed
Id cut them off him so I would




not that hed be much use still better than nothing
the night I was sure I heard burglars in the kitchen
and he went down in his shirt with a candle and a poker
as if he was looking for a mouse
as white as a sheet frightened out of his wits
making as much noise as he possibly could for the burglars benefit
there isnt much to steal indeed the Lord knows
still its the feeling




especially now with Milly away
such an idea for him to send the girl down there
to learn to take photographs on account of his grandfather
instead of sending her to Skerrys academy where shed have to learn
not like me getting all 1s at school
only hed do a thing like that




all the same on account of me and Boylan thats why he did it Im certain
the way he plots and plans everything out
I couldnt turn round with her in the place lately
unless I bolted the door first
gave me the fidgets
coming in without knocking first
when I put the chair against the door
just as I was washing myself there below
with the glove
get on your nerves then




doing the loglady all day
put her in a glasscase with two at a time to look at her
if he knew she broke off the hand off that little gimcrack statue
with her roughness and carelessness before she left
that I got that little Italian






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment