Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Page 729 (18.1473-1510) "or thing pity... wife is fucked"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



or thing
pity I never tried to read that novel cantankerous Mrs Rubio lent me
by Valera with the questions in it all upside down the two ways
I always knew wed go away in the end
I can tell him the Spanish and he tell me the Italian
then hell see Im not so ignorant




what a pity he didnt stay
Im sure the poor fellow was dead tired and wanted a good sleep badly
I could have brought him in his breakfast in bed with a bit of toast
so long as I didnt do it on the knife for bad luck




or if the woman was going her rounds with the watercress
and something nice and tasty
there are a few olives in the kitchen he might like
I never could bear the look of them in Abrines




I could do the criada
the room looks all right since I changed it the other way
you see something was telling me all the time
Id have to introduce myself not knowing me from Adam
very funny wouldnt it
Im his wife




or pretend we were in Spain with him half awake
without a Gods notion where he is
dos huevos estrellados senor
Lord the cracked things come into my head sometimes
itd be great fun supposing he stayed with us




why not theres the room upstairs empty
and Millys bed in the back room
he could do his writing and studies at the table in there
for all the scribbling he does at it
and if he wants to read in bed in the morning like me
as hes making the breakfast for 1 he can make it for 2 Im sure




Im not going to take in lodgers off the street for him
if he takes a gesabo of a house like this
Id love to have a long talk with an intelligent welleducated person




Id have to get a nice pair of red slippers
like those Turks with the fez used to sell
or yellow
and a nice semitransparent morning gown that I badly want
or a peachblossom dressing jacket
like the one long ago in Walpoles only 8/6 or 18/6




Ill just give him one more chance
Ill get up early in the morning
Im sick of Cohens old bed
in any case I might go over to the markets to see all the vegetables
and cabbages and tomatoes and carrots and all kinds of splendid fruits
all coming in lovely and fresh




who knows whod be the 1st man Id meet
theyre out looking for it in the morning
Mamy Dillon used to say
they are and the night too
that was her massgoing




Id love a big juicy pear now to melt in your mouth
like when I used to be in the longing way
then Ill throw him up his eggs
and tea in the moustachecup she gave him to make his mouth bigger
I suppose hed like my nice cream too




I know what Ill do Ill go about rather gay
not too much singing a bit now and then
mi fa pieta Masetto
then Ill start dressing myself to go out
presto non son piu forte
Ill put on my best shift and drawers
let him have a good eyeful out of that
to make his micky stand for him
Ill let him know if thats what he wanted
that his wife is fucked






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment