Monday, April 20, 2015

Page 726 (18.1360-1397) "1st thing... were we given"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



1st thing in the morning
till I see if the wishcard comes out
or Ill try pairing the lady herself and see if he comes out
Ill read and study all I can find or learn a bit off by heart
if I knew who he likes
so he wont think me stupid
if he thinks all women are the same




and I can teach him the other part
Ill make him feel all over him till he half faints under me
then hell write about me lover and mistress publicly too
with our 2 photographs in all the papers when he becomes famous




O but then what am I going to do about him though
no thats no way for him
has he no manners nor no refinement nor no nothing in his nature
slapping us behind like that on my bottom because I didnt call him Hugh
the ignoramus
that doesnt know poetry from a cabbage




thats what you get for not keeping them in their proper place
pulling off his shoes and trousers there on the chair before me
so barefaced without even asking permission
and standing out that vulgar way in the half of a shirt they wear




to be admired like a priest or a butcher
or those old hypocrites in the time of Julius Caesar
of course hes right enough in his way to pass the time as a joke
sure you might as well be in bed with what with a lion
God Im sure hed have something better to say for himself
an old Lion would




O well I suppose its because they were so plump and tempting
in my short petticoat he couldnt resist
they excite myself sometimes
its well for men
all the amount of pleasure they get off a womans body
were so round and white for them always




I wished I was one myself for a change just to try
with that thing they have swelling up on you so hard
and at the same time so soft when you touch it




my uncle John has a thing long
I heard those cornerboys saying passing the corner of Marrowbone lane
my aunt Mary has a thing hairy
because it was dark and they knew a girl was passing
it didnt make me blush
why should it either
its only nature
and he puts his thing long into my aunt Marys hairy etcetera
and turns out to be you put the handle in a sweepingbrush




men again all over
they can pick and choose what they please
a married woman or a fast widow or a girl for their different tastes
like those houses round behind Irish street
no
but were to be always chained up




theyre not going to be chaining me up
no damn fear
once I start I tell you
for their stupid husbands jealousy
why cant we all remain friends over it instead of quarrelling




her husband found it out what they did together
well naturally and if he did can he undo it
hes coronado anyway whatever he does




and then he going to the other mad extreme
about the wife in Fair Tyrants
of course the man never even casts a 2nd thought on the husband
or wife either
its the woman he wants and he gets her
what else were we given






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment