Sunday, April 5, 2015

Page 696 (18.217-255) "after living with that... D B C Dame street"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



after living with that dotty husband of hers she had
her face beginning to look drawn and run down the last time I saw her
she must have been just after a row with him
because I saw on the moment
she was edging to draw down a conversation about husbands
and talk about him to run him down
what was it she told me O yes




that sometimes he used to go to bed with his muddy boots on
when the maggot takes him
just imagine having to get into bed with a thing like that
that might murder you any moment
what a man
well its not the one way everyone goes mad




Poldy anyhow whatever he does
always wipes his feet on the mat when he comes in
wet or shine and always blacks his own boots too
and he always takes off his hat when he comes up in the street
like then




and now hes going about in his slippers
to look for £10000 for a postcard u p up
O Sweetheart May
wouldnt a thing like that simply bore you stiff to extinction




actually too stupid even to take his boots off
now what could you make of a man like that
Id rather die 20 times over than marry another of their sex




of course hed never find another woman like me
to put up with him the way I do
know me come sleep with me
yes and he knows that too at the bottom of his heart




take that Mrs Maybrick that poisoned her husband
for what I wonder
in love with some other man yes
it was found out on her
wasnt she the downright villain to go and do a thing like that




of course some men can be dreadfully aggravating
drive you mad and always the worst word in the world
what do they ask us to marry them for if were so bad as all that
comes to yes because they cant get on without us




white Arsenic she put in his tea off flypaper wasnt it
I wonder why they call it that
if I asked him hed say its from the Greek
leave us as wise as we were before




she must have been madly in love with the other fellow
to run the chance of being hanged
O she didnt care
if that was her nature what could she do
besides theyre not brutes enough to go and hang a woman surely
are they




theyre all so different
Boylan talking about the shape of my foot
he noticed at once even before he was introduced
when I was in the DBC with Poldy
laughing and trying to listen




I was waggling my foot
we both ordered 2 teas and plain bread and butter
I saw him looking with his two old maids of sisters




when I stood up and asked the girl where it was
what do I care
with it dropping out of me
and that black closed breeches he made me buy
takes you half an hour to let them down




wetting all myself
always with some brandnew fad every other week
such a long one I did
I forgot my suede gloves on the seat behind
that I never got after some robber of a woman
and he wanted me to put it in the Irish times
lost in the ladies lavatory D B C Dame street






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment