Saturday, April 18, 2015

Page 723 (18.1244-1281) "more when I... waiting Bill"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



more
when I wouldnt let him lick me in Holles street one night
man man tyrant as ever
for the one thing he slept on the floor half the night
naked the way the jews used when somebody dies belonged to them




and wouldnt eat any breakfast or speak a word
wanting to be petted
so I thought I stood out enough for one time and let him
he does it all wrong too
thinking only of his own pleasure
his tongue is too flat or I dont know what
he forgets that wethen I dont




Ill make him do it again if he doesnt mind himself
and lock him down to sleep in the coalcellar with the blackbeetles
I wonder was it her Josie off her head with my castoffs
hes such a born liar too
no hed never have the courage with a married woman
thats why he wants me and Boylan
though as for her Denis as she calls him
that forlornlooking spectacle you couldnt call him a husband




yes its some little bitch hes got in with
even when I was with him with Milly at the College races
that Hornblower with the childs bonnet on the top of his nob
let us into by the back way
he was throwing his sheeps eyes at those two doing skirt duty up and down
I tried to wink at him first
no use of course
and thats the way his money goes




this is the fruits of Mr Paddy Dignam
yes
they were all in great style at the grand funeral
in the paper Boylan brought in
if they saw a real officers funeral thatd be something
reversed arms
muffled drums
the poor horse walking behind in black
L Boom and Tom Kernan
that drunken little barrelly man that bit his tongue off
falling down the mens W C drunk in some place or other




and Martin Cunningham and the two Dedaluses and Fanny MCoys husband
white head of cabbage
skinny thing with a turn in her eye
trying to sing my songs
shed want to be born all over again
and her old green dress with the lowneck
as she cant attract them any other way
like dabbling on a rainy day




I see it all now plainly and they call that friendship
killing and then burying one another
and they all with their wives and families at home
more especially Jack Power keeping that barmaid he does
of course his wife is always sick or going to be sick
or just getting better of it
and hes a goodlooking man still
though hes getting a bit grey over the ears
theyre a nice lot all of them




well theyre not going to get my husband again
into their clutches if I can help it
making fun of him then behind his back
I know well
when he goes on with his idiotics
because he has sense enough not to squander every penny piece he earns
down their gullets
and looks after his wife and family
goodfornothings




poor Paddy Dignam
all the same Im sorry in a way for him
what are his wife and 5 children going to do unless he was insured
comical little teetotum always stuck up in some pub corner
and her or her son waiting
Bill






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment