Monday, April 13, 2015

Page 713 (18.860-900) "white and the Atlas... and Ill yes by"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



white and the Atlas mountain with snow on it
and the straits like a river so clear
Harry
Molly Darling




I was thinking of him on the sea all the time after
at mass when my petticoat began to slip down at the elevation
weeks and weeks I kept the handkerchief under my pillow
for the smell of him
there was no decent perfume to be got in that Gibraltar
only that cheap peau dEspagne that faded and left a stink on you




more than anything else
I wanted to give him a memento
he gave me that clumsy Claddagh ring for luck
that I gave Gardner going to south Africa
where those Boers killed him with their war and fever
but they were well beaten all the same
as if it brought its bad luck with it like an opal or pearl
still it must have been pure 16 carat gold because it was very heavy




but what could you get in a place like that
the sandfrog shower from Africa
and that derelict ship that came up to the harbour
Marie the Marie whatyoucallit
no he hadnt a moustache that was Gardner
yes I can see his face cleanshaven




Frseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefrong
that train again
weeping tone
once in the dear deaead days beyondre call
close my eyes
breath
my lips forward
kiss
sad look
eyes open
piano
ere oer the world the mists began
I hate that istsbeg
comes loves sweet sooooooooooong




Ill let that out full when I get in front of the footlights again
Kathleen Kearney and her lot of squealers
Miss This Miss That Miss Theother
lot of sparrowfarts skitting around
talking about politics
they know as much about as my backside
anything in the world to make themselves someway interesting
Irish homemade beauties




soldiers daughter am I
ay and whose are you
bootmakers and publicans
I beg your pardon coach I thought you were a wheelbarrow




theyd die down dead off their feet
if ever they got a chance of walking down the Alameda
on an officers arm like me on the bandnight
my eyes flash
my bust that they havent
passion
God help their poor head




I knew more about men and life when I was 15 than theyll all know at 50
they dont know how to sing a song like that
Gardner said no man could look at my mouth and teeth smiling like that
and not think of it




I was afraid he mightnt like my accent first
he so English
all father left me in spite of his stamps
Ive my mothers eyes and figure anyhow




he always said theyre so snotty about themselves
some of those cads
he wasnt a bit like that
he was dead gone on my lips
let them get a husband first thats fit to be looked at
and a daughter like mine




or see if they can excite a swell with money
that can pick and choose whoever he wants
like Boylan
to do it 4 or 5 times locked in each others arms
or the voice either
I could have been a prima donna only I married him
comes looooves old
deep down
chin back not too much make it double




My Ladys Bower is too long for an encore
about the moated grange at twilight and vaunted rooms
yes Ill sing Winds that blow from the south
that he gave after the choirstairs performance
Ill change that lace on my black dress to show off my bubs
and Ill yes by






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment