Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Page 728 (18.1436-1472) "killing one another... any person place"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



killing one another and slaughtering
when do you ever see women rolling around drunk like they do
or gambling every penny they have and losing it on horses




yes because a woman whatever she does she knows where to stop
sure they wouldnt be in the world at all only for us
they dont know what it is to be a woman and a mother
how could they
where would they all of them be if they hadnt all
a mother to look after them what I never had




thats why I suppose hes running wild now
out at night away from his books and studies
and not living at home on account of the usual rowy house I suppose
well its a poor case that those that have a fine son like that




theyre not satisfied and I none
was he not able to make one
it wasnt my fault
we came together when I was watching the two dogs
up in her behind in the middle of the naked street
that disheartened me altogether
I suppose I oughtnt to have buried him in that little woolly jacket I knitted
crying as I was
but give it to some poor child
but I knew well Id never have another
our 1st death too it was
we were never the same since




O Im not going to think myself into the glooms about that any more
I wonder why he wouldnt stay the night
I felt all the time it was somebody strange he brought in
instead of roving around the city meeting God knows who
nightwalkers and pickpockets
his poor mother wouldnt like that if she was alive
ruining himself for life perhaps




still its a lovely hour
so silent
I used to love coming home after dances
the air of the night
they have friends they can talk to
weve none
either he wants what he wont get
or its some woman ready to stick her knife in you
I hate that in women
no wonder they treat us the way they do
we are a dreadful lot of bitches
I suppose its all the troubles we have makes us so snappy




Im not like that
he could easy have slept in there on the sofa in the other room
I suppose he was as shy as a boy he being so young
hardly 20
of me in the next room
hed have heard me on the chamber
arrah what harm
Dedalus I wonder
its like those names in Gibraltar
Delapaz Delagracia they had the devils queer names there




father Vilaplana of Santa Maria that gave me the rosary
Rosales y OReilly in the Calle las Siete Revueltas
and Pisimbo and Mrs Opisso in Governor street
O what a name
Id go and drown myself in the first river if I had a name like her
O my and all the bits of streets
Paradise ramp and Bedlam ramp and Rodgers ramp and Crutchetts ramp
and the devils gap steps




well small blame to me if I am a harumscarum
I know I am a bit
I declare to God I dont feel a day older than then
I wonder could I get my tongue round any of the Spanish
como esta usted muy bien gracias y usted
see I havent forgotten it all
I thought I had only for the grammar
a noun is the name of any person place






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment